THE FLATS –No. 23 Georgia Tech volleyball (9-2, 9-2 ACC) will hit the road for its next ACC pod, traveling to take on Virginia Tech (5-6, 4-6 ACC) and Syracuse (5-5, 5-5 ACC) in Blacksburg, Va. on Friday and Saturday. The Yellow Jackets and Hokies will face off at 1 p.m. on Friday before a battle between the Jackets and the Orange at 1 p.m. on Saturday wraps up Georgia Tech’s weekend.
- Friday, March 19 | No. 23 Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech | 1 p.m. | ACC Network Extra | Watch | Live Stats
- Saturday, March 20 | No. 23 Georgia Tech vs. Syracuse | 1 p.m. | Live Stats
- The 23rd-ranked Jackets wrapped up their fall slate with a 7-1 overall and conference record to lead the ACC. Following last weekend’s sweep of Boston College, Georgia Tech is currently tied for the league lead in conference wins at 9-2.
- The Yellow Jackets won eight straight matches this season, including a stretch of five-straight sweeps over Florida State (twice), Wake Forest (twice) and Clemson. Georgia Tech also swept its first opponent of the spring season, Virginia.
- Dating back to 2019, the Jackets have won 27 of their last 30 matches.
- As a team, Georgia Tech currently leads the ACC and is ranked sixth in the nation in hitting percentage (0.317). The Yellow Jackets also lead the ACC and are 17th in the NCAA in kills per set (14.32).
- The Jackets rank second in the league in assists per set (13.05) and third in the conference in aces per set (1.50).
- Junior outside hitter Mariana Brambilla ranks second in the ACC and 18th in the NCAA in kills per set (4.54) while also sitting in second in the conference and placing 19th in the nation in points per set (5.11).
- Sophomore outside hitter Julia Bergmann currently leads the ACC in aces per set and is 20th in the NCAA averaging 0.55 per set.
- Georgia Tech currently leads the all-time series over Virginia Tech, 16-10. The Yellow Jackets hold the longest win streak of the series, winning four straight matches from 2015-17. The Jackets have won five of the last six meetings, including the most recent contest with a 3-0 sweep on the road in 2019. Georgia Tech is 8-3 at home and 8-6 on the road against the Hokies.
- The Yellow Jackets trail Syracuse 6-5 in the all-time series. Georgia Tech took the last match with a 3-1 win in 2019. The Jackets are 5-1 at home against the Orange.
Due to Covid-19 safety protocols, season and single-game tickets will not be sold for the 2021 spring slate. O’Keefe Gymnasium will operate at a reduced capacity, and face coverings will be required for everyone in attendance.
Select POINT TECH! Club donors, starting with the ace and attack levels, will have the opportunity to request complimentary season tickets for spring season. The rest of the fans in attendance will consist of Georgia Tech students and player guests. Seating in O’Keefe Gymnasium will remain general admission. Seats will be available in clusters of two to allow for social distancing, and will be denoted by temporary chairback seating throughout the gym.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the A-T Fund’s Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes, and the Support The Swarm Fund, created to give fans an opportunity to help Georgia Tech athletics maintain its recent momentum through the financial challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic! To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.