THE FLATS – Georgia Tech will play its first midweek game of the season when the Yellow Jackets welcome Kennesaw State to Mewborn Field on Wednesday, February 26, for a 5 p.m. first pitch.
- The game will be streaming on ACC Network Extra
- Georgia Tech ranks third in the ACC with 22 doubles and is tied for second with 50 walks.
- Freshman Emma Kauf is tied for fourth in the ACC with four home runs and leads the team in slugging (.690) home runs (4), and stolen bases (5).
- Freshman Blake Neleman leads the ACC with a .155 opp. BA.
- After last weekend, junior Tricia Awald leads the ACC with six doubles
- Tech’s win last weekend over Kentucky was its first over a ranked opponent since 2015.
- This marks the 28th meeting between Georgia Tech and Kennesaw State.
- The teams met twice last season, with Georgia Tech winning both games. The Jackets defeated the Owls 6-3 in Atlanta and then 7-0 in Kennesaw.
- Tech has won the last two in the series and seven of the last eight.
- The Yellow Jackets are 9-3 at home against KSU, and have won nine of the last 10 games in Atlanta.
- Tech is 3-1 against KSU under head coach Aileen Morales.
- Parking is available at McCamish, Family Housing or Fowler St.
- Social Media Night – Come create your own Tik Tok, compete in social media trivia, see your selfie on the videoboard and more! Those following Georgia Tech Softball on both Twitter and Instagram will be entered to win special prizes!
All of Georgia Tech’s home games will be streaming live on ACC Network Extra.
NOTE: ACC Network Extra (ACCNX) programming is available online via the ESPN app or WatchESPN.com. Viewers must subscribe to a cable/satellite/digital provider that carries the ACC Network to view ACCNX programming.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the A-T Fund’s Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes, and Athletics Initiative 2020, Georgia Tech athletics’ ongoing $125 million initiative to allow Tech to recruit the nation’s most elite student-athletes, build a better student-athlete once they arrive on The Flats and, ultimately, win! To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.