- Georgia Tech dropped to 3-2 overall and 2-1 in ACC play while Miami (5-0, 3-0 ACC) took sole possession of first place in the ACC Coastal Division.
- The loss was Georgia Tech’s second in its last nine games and third in its last 12 contests.
- The win was Miami’s 10th-straight.
- The loss was Georgia Tech’s third-straight overall to Miami and its fifth-straight road loss to the Hurricanes.
- Georgia Tech fell to 63-9 under head coach Paul Johnson when leading after three quarters (the Yellow Jackets led 24-16 at the end of the third period)
- Jr. DB Lamont Simmons’ 42-yard return of Miami’s onside-kick attempt to open the second half was Georgia Tech’s first kickoff return for a touchdown since J.J. Green returned a kick 96 yards for a score on Oct. 8, 2016 at Pittsburgh.
- Jr. AB Clinton Lynch became the 47th student-athlete in Georgia Tech history and the 15th in 10 seasons under head coach Paul Johnson to eclipse the 1,000-yard rushing mark for his career. Lynch finished the game with 1,015 career rushing yards.
- Georgia Tech Sr. AB J.J. Green scored on a five-yard run and a three-yard pass in the first half, marking the second time in two seasons as a Yellow Jacket that Green has scored twice in a game (Oct. 8, 2016 at Pittsburgh – 96-yard kickoff return, 10-yard kickoff return).
- Green’s five-yard touchdown run was the first rushing touchdown by a Georgia Tech A-back since Qua Searcy’s game-winning six-yard run versus Georgia on Nov. 26, 2016.
- Georgia Tech Jr. DB Lamont Simmons scored the first touchdown of his career on a 42-yard kickoff return that followed Miami’s onside-kick attempt to open the second half.