THE FLATS – Georgia Tech men’s tennis was defeated by No. 21 South Carolina, 4-1, on Sunday afternoon at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex.
Tech was unable to clinch the doubles point, as No. 31 Marcus McDaniel/Pablo Schelcher lost to No. 44 Daniel Rodrigues/Connor Thomson, 6-2, and No. 41 Keshav Chopra/Andres Martin fell, 6-1, to Jake Beasley/Toby Samuel.
In singles play, McDaniel beat No. 81 Raphael Lambling, 6-4, 6-0, on court two collecting Tech’s lone point on the day.
Pablo Schelcher and Chen Dong both went unfinished on courts five and six, respectively.
The Yellow Jackets will be back on the court on Friday, Feb. 12, when Tech plays host to Georgia State. The match is slotted to begin at 5 p.m. (EST).
- #32 Daniel Rodrigues (USC) def. #59 Andres Martin (M-GT) 6-1, 6-1
- Marcus McDaniel (M-GT) def. #81 Raphael Lambling (USC) 6-4, 6-0
- #118 Connor Thomson (USC) def. Keshav Chopra (M-GT) 6-3, 6-3
- Toby Samuel (USC) def. Brandon McKinney (M-GT) 6-4, 6-0
- Pablo Schelcher (M-GT) vs. Phillip Jordan (USC) 3-6. 5-3, unfinished
- Chen Dong (M-GT) vs. Jake Beasley (USC) 6-4, 4-5, unfinished
- #44 Daniel Rodrigues/Connor Thomson (USC) def. #31 Pablo Schelcher/Marcus McDaniel (M-GT) 6-2
- Jake Beasley/Toby Samuel (USC) def. #41 Andres Martin/Keshav Chopra (M-GT) 6-1
- Phillip Jordan/Raphael Lambling (UGA) vs. Zummy Bauer/Brandon McKinney (M-GT) 5-2, unfinished
Georgia Tech: 3-2 (0-0 ACC)
South Carolina: 4-2 (0-0 SEC)
Played outdoors; T-1:58, A-35
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the A-T Fund’, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes, and the Support The Swarm Fund, created to give fans an opportunity to help Georgia Tech athletics maintain its recent momentum through the financial challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic! To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.
For the latest information on Georgia Tech Men’s Tennis, follow us on Twitter (@GT_MTEN), Instagram (GT_MTEN), Facebook (Georgia Tech Men’s Tennis) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.