April 14, 2012
NOTES FROM TODAY’S SCRIMMAGE:
Georgia Tech held its final scrimmage prior to Friday’s spring game, Friday Night on the Flats (presented by PNC Bank).
The Yellow Jacket offense produced five touchdowns, three on running plays by sophomore quarterback Synjyn Days.
“We couldn’t tackle him,” head coach Paul Johnson said. “He had a good day. He made a lot of people miss. Synjyn is good with the ball in his hands, he just needs to improve on his throwing.”
Other notes from Saturday:
– Sophomore B-back Zach Laskey had a productive day. Laskey had a three-yard touchdown run and he also had a reception that set up another TD.
– Junior outside linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu had the only interception Saturday.
– Sophomore defensive back Jamal Golden had a pass break-up, a tackle for loss and had one TD-saving tackle.
– Wide receiver Jeremy Moore had arguably the most impressive reception of the day.
– The offensive line is banged-up. Senior OG Omoregie Uzzi is out all spring and junior OG Will Jackson has missed half the spring with an injury. Shaq Mason and J.C. Lanier suffered injuries Saturday, although neither appeared serious.
– Johnson on outside linebacker Brandon Watts: “He can run. He might be one of the fastest kids on the team.”
The Yellow Jackets will practice Monday and Wednesday, leading up to Friday Night on the Flats (presented by PNC Bank). Detailed information, including parking, can be found here.