Sept. 7, 2016
As we approach kickoff for the 104th season of Yellow Jackets football at one of college football’s most recognizable venues, Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field, Georgia Tech athletics would like to share some of the improvements made around the facility this offseason, many of which were launched based on feedback from our fans.
1) New Main Videoboard
The most visible improvement to Bobby Dodd Stadium in 2016 is the new main videoboard on the south end of the stadium. The brand-new, state-of-the art, high-definition videoboard replaces the board that was originally installed in 2009 and has a 34-percent higher resolution (1440×740) than the previous display, which will make the stadium’s video productions sharper and more vibrant for our fans.
2) Updated Ribbon Board Displays
In addition to the new main videoboard, ribbon board displays on the lower north, south, east and west ends of the stadium have also been replaced to offer a more striking look throughout the venue.
3) Increased LTE Cellular Data Coverage An added benefit to the new video displays is that fans will be more connected on gameday than ever before at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The old video displays interfered with frequencies in and around the stadium so with the conversion to new equipment, fans will enjoy greater LTE cellular coverage throughout the venue.
4) New Stinger Seats
This season, fans who lease Stinger Seats will enjoy brand-new, waterproof seats, constructed of high density foam. Leasing Stinger Seats directly supports Georgia Tech athletics while offering the seat holder a variety of benefits. Comfortable and convenient, Stinger Seats are a must-have no matter where you sit! They provide a cushioned seating option for those in Club chair-back seating sections and chair backs for those in bench seats throughout the stadium. Stinger Seats are permanently attached for the season to clearly define your seat and save you from having to carry a portable chair-back into Bobby Dodd Stadium for each game. For more information on Stinger Seats, visit stingerseats.com.
5) Club Lounge Enhancements
Fans seated in the Club Seats on the east side of Bobby Dodd Stadium will enjoy improvements to the Club Lounge, highlighted by a brand new entrance that was constructed during the offseason. Additionally, the Club Lounge will offer a wider beer selection in 2016.
6) Expanded Concessions Options
Once again in 2016, fans will enjoy new concessions options at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Highlights include:
- Local branded fare options have been expanded, including a rotation of local items each gameday on the west side of the stadium;
- A new bottomless popcorn option, served in a souvenir bucket;
- The expansion of Chick-Fil-A and Twisted Taco into the North Mezzanine level;
- Additional beverage options throughout the stadium, including lemonade and iced tea.
7) Restroom Enhancements
Improvements have been made to restrooms throughout Bobby Dodd Stadium, including the addition of additional baby changing stations and paper-towel dispensers. Georgia Tech athletics has also increased the number of restroom attendants on its gameday team this season to help ensure that facilities continue to remain clean and fully stocked throughout each home contest.
8) More Efficient Pregame and Postgame Traffic Flow
Georgia Tech athletics has worked with campus and city authorities during the offseason to modify entry and egress traffic routes in an effort to allow fans to enter and leave campus in a more timely and efficient manner on gamedays. For more information, take note of the instructions on your official 2016 Georgia Tech football parking pass (single-game parking passes are available and can be purchased HERE.
9) More Options for Tickets If You Can’t Attend a Game
Are you a season-ticket holder that occasionally can’t attend a game? Georgia Tech athletics has a number of options for you to make sure that your seats are full even when you can’t be at Bobby Dodd Stadium:
- StubHub: StubHub is the official resale partner of Georgia Tech Athletics, providing a secure platform for season ticket holders to sell tickets they are unable to use. The process is easy and secure. Any tickets sold will be delivered to the purchaser on your behalf, removing the need for you to ship tickets. Simply visit at RamblinWreck.com/stubhub to receive recommendations on pricing and posting your tickets.
- Electronic Transfer: Sharing tickets with family or friends has never been easier. Log in to you season ticket account at RamblinWreck.com/myaccount to select the game(s) and seats(s) you want to share. When the recipient accepts the tickets, he or she will receive them via email. Transferring tickets is a complimentary benefit for season ticket holders.
- Veteran Tickets Foundation: Once again, Georgia Tech and the Veteran Tickets Foundation (Vet Tix) have teamed up to help created memorable experiences for active and non-active military personnel and their families by letting them enjoy the pageantry and excitement of Yellow Jackets football at Bobby Dodd Stadium. For details, deadlines and to donate tickets to this worth cause, click HERE.
Coming off last Saturday’s thrilling 17-14 season-opening ACC win over Boston College in Dublin, Ireland, a big crowd is expected for this Saturday versus Mercer (3 p.m. kickoff) to kick off an exciting seven-game home slate that also includes matchups versus Clemson (Sept. 22), Miami (Oct. 1) and homecoming versus Duke (Oct. 29). Season, three-game flex pack and single-game tickets are still available beginning at just $25 per contest. For more information and to purchase tickets online, visit togetherweswarm.com.