THE FLATS – Georgia Tech softball will hit the road for the first time this season, travelling to Birmingham, Ala. to face No. 13 Kentucky, DePaul and Samford, from Feb. 21-23.
Series Schedule (*all times Eastern)
- All Georgia Tech games this weekend will be broadcast live on ESPN 3
- Georgia Tech visits Birmingham, Ala. for the first time since 2002.
- Tech ranks third in the ACC with 16 doubles this season.
- Freshman Emma Kauf is tied for fourth in the ACC with three home runs and third with five stolen bases, and leads the team in batting average (.370) slugging (.778) home runs (3), and stolen bases (5).
- Tech went 2-2 against Nebraska and Iowa in last weekend’s Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
- These will be tech’s first road games of the season.
- The all-time series between Georgia Tech and DePaul is tied, 4-4. The teams last met in 2018 and split the two games.
- Georgia Tech and Kentucky are meeting for the first time since 2010. Tech has won two of three in the all-time series. The Jackets defeated the Wildcats 6-3 on March 6, 2010 in Woodstock, Ga.
- This weekend marks the 68th and 69th time Georgia Tech and Samford have faced off, with Tech leading the all-time series, 43-24. The Jackets have won the last eight meetings, and nine of the last 10. The teams last met in 2017 in Atlanta, but this is the first game in Birmingham, Ala. since 2002.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the A-T Fund’s Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes, and Athletics Initiative 2020, Georgia Tech athletics’ ongoing $125 million initiative to allow Tech to recruit the nation’s most elite student-athletes, build a better student-athlete once they arrive on The Flats and, ultimately, win! To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.