THE FLATS – Georgia Tech will host Iowa State, Penn State and Rider this weekend, as part of the I-75 Challenge, Feb. 28-March 1 at Mewborn Field.
- Every game will be streaming on ACC Network Extra
- Georgia Tech enters the weekend having won three if its last four games, including a win over then No. 11/13 Kentucky.
- The Jackets’ win over Kentucky was their first over a ranked opponent since 2015
- Tech swept last season’s I-75 Challenge, going 4-0 against Fordham and Hofstra.
- The Yellow Jackets are coming off a 2-1 win at home over Kennesaw State on Wednesday. Breanna Roper hit a go-ahead two-run home run and Blake Neleman earned a complete game win with seven strikeouts while not allowing an earned run.
- This is just the fifth meeting between Georgia Tech and Iowa State, and the first in Atlanta. The Cyclones swept the three-game set last season in Ames. Tech’s last win came in 2004, in Marietta, Ga.
- This is the seventh match up with Penn State, with the Jackets trailing the series, 4-2. It’s the first meeting since 2017. Tech’s last win over the Nittany Lions came in 2011.
- This will be the first ever meeting between Georgia Tech and Rider.
- Fri: McCamish, Fowler St. or Family Housing
- Sat: Family Housing ONLY
- Sun: McCamish, Fowler St. or Family Housing
**Georgia Tech will be impacted by miles 10 and 11 of the Atlanta Publix Marathon this Sunday from approximately 7:50am-2pm. Affected roads include Techwood from 5th street to North Avenue, North avenue to Tech Parkway to Ferst Drive.
- Friday at 1 p.m. is Chocolate Milk day where the first 250 fans will receive bottle-opener coasters. Friday at 3 PM is our #BeGold Day! Help us gold-out the Mew against Iowa State. First 100 students will receive a free gold Adidas Shirt.
- Sunday the Jackets are back in action against Rider to close out the I-75 Challenge! Don’t miss the first Youth Day of the year where the first 100 kids will receive a free Georgia Tech Softball drawstring bags. Also all children 12 can play catch on the field post-game!
All of Georgia Tech’s home games will be streaming live on ACC Network Extra.
NOTE: ACC Network Extra (ACCNX) programming is available online via the ESPN app or WatchESPN.com. Viewers must subscribe to a cable/satellite/digital provider that carries the ACC Network to view ACCNX programming.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the A-T Fund’s Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes, and Athletics Initiative 2020, Georgia Tech athletics’ ongoing $125 million initiative to allow Tech to recruit the nation’s most elite student-athletes, build a better student-athlete once they arrive on The Flats and, ultimately, win! To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.