THE FLATS – Georgia Tech will travel to Macon, Ga. to face in-state foe Mercer in a midweek match up, Wednesday, March 11, with a 6 p.m. first pitch.
- The game can be streamed on the SoCon Digital Network
- Tech won its first ACC series of the season last weekend against Boston College, and has won six of its last nine games.
- Georgia Tech ranks second in the ACC in fielding percentage (.970).
- Freshman Blake Neleman leads the ACC with a .162 opp. BA, and ranks fourth with an ERA of 1.48 and fifth in strikeouts (70) and wins (8).
- The Yellow Jackets have already played one of the most challenging schedules in the country, picking up wins over No. 11 Kentucky, 17-5 Iowa and 21-4 Kennesaw State.
- Georgia Tech’s remaining schedule includes four top-25 teams.
- Georgia Tech leads the all-time series, 53-15, and 16-9 in games played in Macon, Ga.
- Tech has won the last three and six of the last eight against Mercer.
- The Yellow Jackets have not won in Macon since 2003.
- Last season, Georgia Tech topped Mercer 4-1 in Atlanta. Breanna Roper went 3-for-3 at the plate and Crosby Huckabay drove in two runs.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the A-T Fund’s Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes, and Athletics Initiative 2020, Georgia Tech athletics’ ongoing $125 million initiative to allow Tech to recruit the nation’s most elite student-athletes, build a better student-athlete once they arrive on The Flats and, ultimately, win! To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.