Nov. 8, 2016
Georgia Tech Football (5-4, 2-4 ACC) at No. 18/22 Virginia Tech (7-2, 5-1 ACC)
Saturday, Nov. 12, 2016 • 3:30 p.m. ET • Blacksburg, Va. • Lane Stadium (65,632)
TV: ESPNU | Watch Online
• Georgia Tech football plays the second of back-to-back road games at nationally ranked ACC foes when it visits No. 18/22 Virginia Tech on Saturday.
• The Yellow Jackets opened their grueling November slate with a 48-20 defeat at No. 18/17 North Carolina last Saturday. Georgia Tech racked up 518 yards of total offense and averaged 7.6 yards per play but allowed 636 yards (9.1 per play) and managed only 13 points in six trips in the red zone.
• Georgia Tech remains on the verge of becoming bowl eligible for the 19th time in the last 20 seasons, as it needs only one win in its final three regular-season games (at Virginia Tech, vs. Virginia, at Georgia) to gain postseason eligibility.
• If history is any indication, Saturday’s game will likely be a tight one. Each of the last eight matchups between the Yellow Jackets and Hokies have been decided by nine points or less, seven of the last eight have been decided by seven points or less and three of the last four have been decided by three points or less. Since 2008, the average margin of victory in eight GT-VT contests has been 4.9 points.
• Georgia Tech, which rushed for 374 yards last Saturday at North Carolina and 341 yards the previous week against Duke, has climbed to first in the ACC and 10th nationally in rushing offense at 261.7 yards per game. Due in large part to facing two of the nation’s stingiest rushing defenses in Boston College (107.3 ypg) and Clemson (132.8 ypg) over the first four games of the season, the Jackets entered the month of October ranked 36th nationally in rushing (216.8 ypg).
• Sophomore A-back Clinton Lynch has scored at least one touchdown in each of Georgia Tech’s last four games and is averaging a whopping 17.2 yards per touch over 40 touches this season (28 rushes for 298 yards, 12 receptions for 389 yards).