Georgia Tech Football vs. No. 17 North Carolina
Saturday, Oct. 28 · 8 p.m. · Atlanta, Ga. · Bobby Dodd Stadium
TV: ACC Network | Watch Online
Georgia Tech has the sixth-most improved offense in NCAA Division I FBS this season, averaging 108.9 yards/game more than it did in 2022. Georgia Tech has scored at least 23 points in every game this season, marking the first time that it has scored at least 23 points in any seven-game stretch since it scored 23 or more in all 14 games of the 2014 season.
• Georgia Tech closes a two-game homestand with a primetime, homecoming showdown versus No. 17 North Carolina on Saturday night at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field.
• Georgia Tech is looking to knock off a nationally ranked North Carolina squad for the third-straight season. Tech defeated No. 21/20 UNC, 45-22, in 2021 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium and topped the No. 13/11-ranked Tar Heels, 21-17, last season in Chapel Hill, N.C.
• The Yellow Jackets lead the all-time series with North Carolina, 32-22-3, including wins in four of the last five matchups. Tech is also 20-9 all-time against the Tar Heels at home.
• After dropping a 38-23 decision to Boston College last Saturday at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field, Georgia Tech is looking to continue its season-long pattern of alternating losses and wins. Tech also alternated wins and losses over the final four games of last season, meaning it has not had the same result in consecutive games since it lost back-to-back contests to Virginia and Florida State on Oct. 20 and 29 of last season.
• Another trend that the Yellow Jackets are looking to maintain is its run of success against nationally ranked Atlantic Coast Conference opponents. The Jackets have won three-straight and four of their last five matchups with ranked ACC foes.
• Saturday’s game features a matchup of two of the ACC’s top quarterbacks in Georgia Tech’s Haynes King and UNC’s Drake Maye. King and May both rank among the ACC leaders in passing yards (Maye, 2,249
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.