Aug. 29, 2011
Text BUZZ to 78527 to vote
With week one of the Capital One Challenge upon us – and Buzz back in contention after a small hiatus – it feels necessary to state the obvious reasons of why you should vote for Buzz.
1. You are receiving a Sting Daily, or you are reading this on the website right now … as a fan of the Yellow Jackets you should vote for Buzz.
2. Buzz is one of two mascots chosen from the ACC – the other is Testudo the Terrapin from Maryland. Who wants a turtle to win? …. Bueller?… Bueller?
3. Even though Buzz earned 5,000 dollars for the university mascot program for participating, wouldn’t a 20,000 dollar scholarship be even nicer?
4. This is the 10th anniversary of the program and Buzz is already a veteran with four seasons of experience under his belt … err… wings.
5. I heard that Muhammad Ali was thinking about Buzz’ style when he said “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee”
If you need more reasons head Here and check out Buzz’ profile.
As for the competition …
Buzz is taking on Sparty, from Michigan State University in Week One of the challenge. Sparty hails from East Lansing, Michigan where he lives inside Spartan Stadium.
But there is no reason to vote for Sparty. For one, Sparty is green – and not the environmental kind of green. Clearly, Sparty is Green… with envy … of Buzz.
We’ve all seen that movie “300” and Sparty is NOT in that kind of physical condition.
And finally, and most importantly, is that a skirt Sparty is wearing?