Nov. 16, 2015
- Georgia Tech starting lineup: Heath, Georges-Hunt, Smith, Jacobs, Mitchell
- First subs for Georgia Tech: Jorgenson, Lammers and Stephens at the 16:02 mark of the first half
- On the floor for Georgia Tech at the end: Georges-Hunt, Jackson, Jacobs, Jorgenson, Mitchell
- Series record vs. Tennessee: Tech is 28-42 overall, 19-14 at home, 1-0 at McCamish Pavilion, 1-0 under Brian Gregory, 4-5 vs. Rick Barnes
- Current series streak: Georgia Tech won the last two meetings
- Georgia Tech is 2-0 at McCamish Pavilion this season, 31-21 in the fourth season in the building, 31-21 under Brian Gregory
- Georgia Tech’s next game: November 19, 2015 vs. Green Bay, 7 p.m., at McCamish Pavilion
- Tech won its third consecutive game over a Southeastern Conference opponent. The Yellow Jackets defeated Georgia and Vanderbilt last season.
- Tech won its second game in a row in the series with Tennessee after eight straight losses.
- Tech held Tennessee to 35.1 percent from the floor, 31.4 percent in the second half. It was the 45th time in Brian Gregory’s tenure as Tech’s head coach that the Yellow Jackets limited an opponent to under 40 percent.
- Tech blocked 12 shots in the game – four by James White and three by Charles Mitchell. The total was the fourth-most in Tech history (school record is 15).
- Tech also had 10 steals in the game. The Yellow Jackets never had more than 13 combined blocks and steals in a game last season.
- Tech was out-rebounded 53-47 and surrendered 24 offensive rebounds for 16 second-chance points. The Yellow Jackets took 19 offensive rebounds, however, and got 14 second-chance points.
- Tech’s four big men – Nick Jacobs, Charles Mitchell, Ben Lammers, James White – combined shot 16-for-30 from the floor against Tennessee after hitting 25 of 30 attempts against Cornell. That’s still 68.3 percent for the season.
- Tech used 10 players in the game, but only seven scored.
- Nick Jacobs scored a career-high 23 points against Tennessee, hitting 9-of-15 shots from the floor and 5-of-6 free throws. He missed a double-double by one rebounds. In four previous games vs. Tennessee, Jacobs averaged 7.3 points with a high of 13 and went 14-for-26 from the floor.
- Charles Mitchell scored 12 points and reached in double digits for the third straight game dating back to last season. It was his 17th double-digit game in a Tech uniform, and the 33rd of his career. He made 5 of 8 shots from the floor after going 10-of-11 against Cornell.
- Mitchell also grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds and posted his ninth double-double a Tech uniform. It was his 21st career double-figure rebound game.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt scored 17 points and reached double figures for the 65th time in 96 career games at Georgia Tech.
- Georges-Hunt passed Jim Caldwell for 33rd place on Tech’s all-time scoring list, and now has 1,161 career points. He needs five to reach current Cleveland Cavalier Iman Shumpert, who holds 32nd place with 1,166.
- Josh Heath had five assists and just one turnover against Tennessee. He has 12 and four for the season.