THE FLATS – No. 13 Georgia Tech volleyball (9-1) will hit the road for its first conference competition, heading to Clemson (9-3) on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. contest in Clemson, S.C. The match will be broadcast on ACC Network.
- Georgia Tech was ranked No. 13 in the latest AVCA DI Coaches Poll.
- The White and Gold have been listed in 59 straight top 25 polls dating back to 2020, reaching as high as No. 5 during that time, the highest for the program since 2003 and second-best mark all time.
- The White and Gold recently picked up their fifth and sixth sweeps of the season over the likes of Howard and San Diego while hosting the Georgia Tech Classic.
- The Yellow Jackets set the program attendance record of 5,303 against Georgia in McCamish Pavilion last weekend.
- Tech highlighted its nonconference schedule by earning the third-highest ranked victory in program history over then No. 8 Penn State and a pair of 3-1 wins over previous No. 12 Ohio State.
- The three-consecutive top-15 triumphs marked the first such streak in school history.
- Tech owns three total ACC weekly awards this season as freshman right side hitter Larissa Mendes owns two ACC Co-Freshman of the Week awards and senior libero Paola Pimentel has once been named ACC Defensive Player of the Week.
- Pimentel has been all over the floor, racking up 159 digs to rank second in the conference in digs per set (4.68).
- Junior outside hitter Bianca Bertolino has been a weapon from the service line with 22 aces to top the ACC. The Argentinian also leads the league and places ninth in the nation in aces per set (0.65).
- Other top five marks for individual Yellow Jackets include sophomore middle blocker Liv Mogridge’s 0.450 hitting percentage (4th ACC/16th NCAA) and 1.18 blocks per set (4th ACC) alongside freshman right side hitter Larissa Mendes’ 3.65 kills per set (4th ACC) and 4.19 points per set (3rd ACC).
- Georgia Tech enters the fifth week of the season amongst the top three in the ACC and top 20 in the NCAA in three major categories – leading the league and fifth in the nation in opponent hitting percentage (0.128), also fronting the conference and 20th in the country in digs per set (16.65) and third in the ACC and 12th in the NCAA in kills per set (14.18).
- Going beyond 2019’s NIVC title, Tech has won 88 of its last 109 matches.
- Coach Michelle Collier is into her 10th season leading the Jackets as the second winningest coach in program history, including 182 victories and 98 in conference play.
- Tech currently leads Clemson 40-35 in the all-time series.
- The Yellow Jackets have defeated the Tigers 13 consecutive times going back to 2016, including eight on The Flats and five on the road.
- The Jackets swept the Tigers in both of their most recent matchups at home and on the road last season.
- The White and Gold lead the series 24-14 at home.
- Tech also claimed nine consecutive matchups from 2000-04, with four coming in O’Keefe Gymnasium and five in Clemson, S.C.
Georgia Tech will return home for its second conference match, hosting NC State on Sunday at 1 p.m. in O’Keefe Gymnasium. The match will be broadcast on ACC Network Extra.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.