Open mobile menu

From The Desk of J Batt

Dear Yellow Jacket fans,

It’s hard to believe that it is already February! I hope that you and yours had a terrific holiday season and first month of the new year.

As I mentioned in my last letter, I want to be sure to take the opportunity to reach out to you and give you some updates on what’s happening in and around Georgia Tech athletics. Here is the latest from The Flats:

FOOTBALL SEASON TICKETS

Football season tickets for the 2023 season went on sale this week. It’s an exciting time for Georgia Tech football with alumnus Brent Key officially taking the reins of the program in December. He has assembled an outstanding staff, which has combined to be a part of more than 80 championships at all levels of football over the course of their careers. Before season tickets even went on sale, deposits far out-paced what we’ve experienced in recent years.

Season ticket memberships are a vital part of our success – for our team on the field, for recruiting and for our program’s overall financial outlook. So one of the biggest ways that you can contribute to the future success of Georgia Tech football is by becoming a season ticket member. Tech season tickets are one of the great values in the competitive Atlanta sports entertainment market, as the per-game cost of tickets for our seven-game home schedule has gone down for 94% of all seats in 2023 (and remained flat in the remaining 6%).

For more information and to buy your 2023 season tickets online, click here.

THE TECH WAY NIL COLLECTIVE

You may have seen last month that The Tech Way – a name, image and likeness collective that was founded and is managed by a passionate group of Georgia Tech supporters – has officially launched. Ken Sugiura of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote a very informative article about The Tech Way just this week – click here to read it.

The landscape of college athletics has transformed in a major way since the NCAA began to allow student-athletes to take advantage of NIL opportunities in July 2021. NIL opportunities are now a vital part of the student-athlete experience. A strong, organized collective like The Tech Way is an important avenue to provide student-athletes with a world-class experience here at Georgia Tech. Please consider supporting our student-athletes by contributing to The Tech Way and/or other NIL opportunities specific to Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more, click here.

STUDENT-ATHLETE PERFORMANCE CENTER

Finally, as you know, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia approved the construction of our new 105,000-square-foot Student-Athlete Performance Center last year.

When I arrived in October, I felt that it was very important that our new football coach have significant input into the design of the SAPC. Therefore, one of my first orders of business with Coach Key once he was permanently hired in December was to go over the plans for the SAPC, get his feedback, and work with our facilities team to incorporate his ideas for how the building can positively impact Tech football, specifically.

I am happy to report that we have now finalized the space program for the SAPC. The state-of-the-art facility will house areas that most directly impact all of our student-athletes’ performance on a day-to-day basis, including a new weight room and conditioning area, athletic training room and medical support space, mental health services and nutrition support. It will also feature new expanded space specific to our football program, including meeting areas and office space. Additionally, following input from Coach Key, as well as other coaches and constituents, the SAPC will include spaces dedicated to sports science research and data analytics – areas that can be differentiators for us here at Georgia Tech!

As for the timeline, the design phase of the building is now underway. Demolition of the current Edge/Rice building is scheduled to occur following the upcoming football season, with completion of the SAPC targeted for early 2026.

Thank you again for your support of Georgia Tech athletics and our world-class student-athletes. Have a great month.

Sincerely,

 

 

 

 

J Batt

Director of Athletics

RELATED HEADLINES

Athletics Ben King, Camille Trotman Named ACC Postgraduate Scholars

Christo Lamprecht and Carol Lee selected as ACC Excellence Award winners

Ben King, Camille Trotman Named ACC Postgraduate Scholars
Athletics Georgia Tech Joins 404 Day Service Project

Atlanta-based universities set to participate in 404 Day service endeavor

Georgia Tech Joins 404 Day Service Project
Athletics From The Desk of J Batt

Georgia Tech A.D. reflects on how Tech fans have contributed to Jackets' success

From The Desk of J Batt
Partner of Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Legends Partner of Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Partner of Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Partner of Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets