Georgia Tech Football (1-3, 0-2 ACC) vs. Bowling Green (1-3, 0-1 MAC)
Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018 • Noon • Atlanta, Ga. • Bobby Dodd Stadium (55,000)
Promotions/Special Events: Pregame Flyover (Heroes Day) | Family Weekend | Celebration of Groundbreaking African-American Student-Athletes
• Georgia Tech looks to get back in the win column on Saturday when it hosts Bowling Green at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Kickoff is set for noon.
• The Yellow Jackets are in the midst of a three-game losing streak but they have been known to bounce back from three-game skids in the past. The Jackets have lost three in a row during five of the last eight seasons. However, in four of those five campaigns, they have rallied to reach postseason play, including most recently in 2016, when they snapped the three-game losing streak by winning six of their final seven games of the season to finish 9-4. Tech’s season-ending run after the three-game skid in ‘16 included victories at No. 18/22 Virginia Tech, at Georgia and over Kentucky in the 2016 TaxSlayer Bowl.
• Georgia Tech and Bowling Green are meeting for the first time on the gridiron. In fact, Saturday’s meeting will be Tech’s first-ever football matchup against a team from the Mid-American Conference.
• Despite last Saturday’s loss to No. 3/2 Clemson, Georgia Tech has still won nine of its last 11 homes games. The Jackets have also won eight-straight home games against unranked opponents and 10-straight home games against non-conference opponents besides Georgia.
• With two interceptions last Saturday against Clemson, Georgia Tech’s defense has intercepted five passes in four games this season, which is tied for 19th nationally. The Yellow Jackets recorded just six interceptions in 11 games last season.
• Georgia Tech senior A-back Clinton Lynch (pictured above) needs just 26 receiving yards to become the first student-athlete in Tech history with 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards in his career.