July 10, 2017
THE FLATS – The month of July has seen a number of Yellow Jackets switch summer league teams, while others continue to post strong numbers for their respective squads.
Here is a complete list of where the Jackets are playing this summer:
Alaska Baseball League
- Micah Carpenter, Anchorage Bucs – Has pitched in eight games, making three starts. He is 1-0 with two saves, a 1.98 ERA and 16 strikeouts over 22.2 innings pitched. The Bucs are 6-2 in games that he has pitched in on the summer.
- Robert Winborne, Anchorage Bucs – Has appeared in 15 games out of the bullpen, recording two wins and three saves. He is 2-0 on the summer with a three saves, a 1.14 ERA and 17 strikeouts over 15.2 innings on the mound.
Cape Cod Baseball League
- Joey Bart, Harwich Mariners – Stepped away from the Mariners to play with the USA Baseball team as part of their training camp roster with a chance to earn a spot on their Collegiate National Team. For the Mariners, he has played in seven games and is hitting .192 (5-for-26) with two doubles, a walk, an RBI and run scored. He has also been hit by a pitch twice.
Coastal Plain League
- Jake Lee, Holly Springs Salamanders – Has made five starts on the summer, which includes a complete game win. He is 2-1 with a 6.00 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 24.0 innings of action.
- Brandt Stallings, Lexington County Blowfish – Made the transition from the Cape Cod League to the Coastal Plain League in the first week of July. Is hitting .071 (1-for-14) in six games with the Blowfish. Is also 2-for-2 in the stolen base department.
- Connor Thomas, Lexington County Blowfish – Has made four starts on the mound and appeared in five games overall for the Blowfish. The lefty is 0-3 with a 7.04 ERA. He has struck out 29 batters in 23.0 innings of work.
- Austin Wilhite, Lexington County Blowfish – Made his debut last week for the Blowfish. Hitting .143 (2-for-14) with a double, three walks and run scored in five games played. On July 3, he made the Sportscenter Top 10 with this play (click here).
Florida Collegiate Summer League
- Paxton Rigby, Altamonte Springs Scorpions – Has played in 21 games. He is hitting .109 (5-for-46) with a double, 14 walks, six RBIs, and four runs scored.
- Andy Archer, Green Bay Bullfrogs – Has appeared in four games this summer, making three starts on the mound for the Bullfrogs. He is 0-1 with a 3.60 ERA and has struck out 11 batters in 15.0 innings of work.
- Garrett Gooden, Green Bay Bullfrogs – After pitching in three games out of the bullpen with the Lexington Blowfish, postin a 2.45 ERA and three strikeouts over 3.2 innings of relief work, he has moved on to play for the Bullfrogs. He has thrown 2.0 scoreless innings with one strikeout for the Northwoods League team.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jonathan Hughes, Brookhaven Bucks – Has made four starts on the mound for the Bucks. He is 1-3 with a 7.71 ERA and has registered eight strikeouts in 14.0 innings of action.
- Xzavion Curry, Brookhaven Bucks – Leads the team in hitting at .340 (16-for-47) in 15 games. He has a home run, one double, eight walks, four RBIs and eight runs scored on the summer. Has not pitched for the Bucks. Was named to the Sunbelt Baseball League East All-Star team.
- Kyle McCann, Harrisonburg Turks – Played in 16 games for the Harrisonburg Turks before moving to the Norcross Astros in July. He hit .146 (7-for-48) with two home runs, seven RBIs. and seven runs scored for the Turks.
- Brenton Sanders, Purcellville Cannons – After 11 games with Harrisonburg Turks, he moved to the Purcellville Cannons where he is hitting .304 (7-for-23) with a double, five RBIs and three runs scored.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jake Brace, Brookhaven Bucks – He has made five starts on the summer. He leads the team with 32.0 innings pitched. He is 3-2 with a 1.46 ERA and has struck out 23 batters. Was named to the Sunbelt Baseball League East All-Star team.
- Cameron Turley, Brookhaven Bucks – Has played in 10 games, going 5-for-27 (.185) with three runs scored and one RBI.