THE FLATS – Georgia Tech women’s basketball returns to the hardwood for a Sunday matinee, hosting Wofford at 2 p.m. on ACC Network Extra.
STARTING FIVE AGAINST WOFFORD
- Georgia Tech concludes non-conference play this afternoon meeting Wofford for the first time in program history on the hardwood. The game will be televised on ACC Network Extra.
- The Yellow Jackets went 1-1 in the West Palm Beach Invitational before the holiday break, picking up a win over Seton Hall before falling to Dayton. Freshman Elizabeth Balogun averaged 21.5 points per game to lead the Jackets offensively.
- Freshman Elizabeth Balogun dropped 30 points Thursday against Seton Hall to mark a new season-high for the Jacket, while Kierra Fletcher picked up her first collegiate double-double with 11 points and a career-best 14 rebounds. Balogun earned her second ACC Rookie of the Week honor following her play in West Palm Beach.
- The Yellow Jackets are 5-0 on their home floor this season and look to head into ACC play with an undefeated home record. The Terriers and Jackets have never met on the hardwood to date.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 16th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 303-194. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
Georgia Tech and Wofford are meeting for the first time in program history on Sunday.
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech fell to Dayton to wrapup the West Palm Beach Invitational before the holiday break. Dayton won the rebounding battle, 46-41, as both teams shot almost the same from the field – Dayton (37.9 percent) and Tech (38.0 percent). Francesca Pan led the Jackets offensively with 18 points, while Elizabeth Balogun also added double-figures with 13 points. Lorela Cubaj pulled down nine rebounds to lead on the glass. The Flyers won the contest from the free throw line, going 33-for-41, while Tech was 8-for-14.