Georgia Tech Football at No. 24 Pitt
Saturday, Oct. 1 · 8 p.m. ET · Pittsburgh, Pa. · Acrisure Stadium
TV: ACC Network | Watch Online
LB Ayinde Eley (2 – above) is the first NCAA Division I FBS player since at least 2000 with at many as 42 tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries through the first four games of the season.
• Georgia Tech resumes Atlantic Coast Conference play on Saturday when it visits No. 24 Pitt.
• Georgia Tech (1-3, 0-1 ACC) is facing a nationally ranked opponent for the fifth time in its last six games against NCAA Division I FBS teams (last season at No. 6 Notre Dame, vs. No. 1 Georgia, this season vs. No. 4 Clemson, vs. No. 20/17 Ole Miss).
• The Yellow Jackets are making their first visit to ACC Coastal Division rival Pitt since 2018. The Jackets hosted Pitt each of the last three seasons, as the Panthers made regularly scheduled trips to Atlanta in 2019 and 2021 and also visited Tech in 2020 as part of the ACC’s revamped schedule amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
• Georgia Tech alumnus and football letterwinner Brent Key makes his debut as the Yellow Jackets’ interim head coach on Saturday. Key took the reins as the Jackets’ interim head coach on Monday when Geoff Collins left the role as head coach. Key is the sixth Tech alum to serve as the Yellow Jackets’ head coach and the first since Bill Curry (1980-86).
• In its last game, Georgia Tech outgained UCF, 452-333, and averaged 7.2 yards per play versus just 4.6 for the Knights, in a 27-10 loss. It marked the 24th time since 2000 that Tech averaged at least seven yards per play and held its opponent to five yards per play or less but the first time in those 24 contests that the Yellow Jackets lost.
• Tech linebacker Ayinde Eley continues to put together a historic season, as he is the only NCAA Division I FBS player since at least 2000 to record at many as 42 tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries over the first four games of a campaign.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.