Georgia Tech Football vs. Bowling Green
Saturday, Sept. 30 · 3:30 p.m. · Atlanta, Ga. · Bobby Dodd Stadium
TV: ACC Network | Watch Online
Georgia Tech had eight sacks last Saturday at Wake Forest, which is tied for fifth-most in school history. The Yellow Jackets’ eight sacks are also tied for the third-most by an FBS team this season.
• Fresh off an impressive Atlantic Coast Conference road win at Wake Forest, Georgia Tech steps out of conference play to host Bowling Green on Saturday at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field.
• Georgia Tech (2-2, 1-1 ACC) dominated in the trenches in its 30-16 win at Wake Forest, collecting eight sacks and 10 tackles for loss on defense while not allowing a sack on offense. Going into the game, Tech ranked 128th out of 130 teams nationally with just one sack in its first three games, while Wake led the nation with 16 sacks in its first three contests.
• The Yellow Jackets also forced five turnovers against the Demon Deacons, which were Tech’s most takeaways in a game since it also forced five turnovers in a 56-33 win over Duke in 2020 and its most in a road game since it forced six in a 56-28 win at Pitt in 2014.
• Georgia Tech quarterback Haynes King threw two touchdown passes in last Saturday’s win at Wake Forest and continues to lead the ACC with 11 touchdown passes on the season. His 11 TD passes are the most by a Yellow Jacket in any four-game stretch since Joe Hamilton had 11 in a four-game stretch from Oct. 30-Nov.
• King’s 1,132 passing yards and 11 touchdown passes are the most ever by a Yellow Jacket in the first four games of a season, topping Hamilton’s 1,074 yards and 10 touchdowns over the first four games of the ’99 campaign.
• Bowling Green (1-3) is making only its second-ever trip to the state of Georgia. Its first was also a visit to Bobby Dodd Stadium and came five years and one day prior to this Saturday’s matchup, a 63-17 Georgia Tech win on Sept. 29, 2018.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.