Dec. 25, 2010
With the Advocare 100 Independence Bowl less than 48 hours away, it’s time to start thinking about great moments in Georgia Tech bowl game history.
Here’s a brief quiz to help jar your memory and maybe spark some conversation about your favorite Tech postseason achievements and players from years passed. The answers will appear following By the Numbers in tomorrow’s Sting Daily.
Best of luck!
1. What is the longest win streak in Georgia Tech bowl history?
2. In which Bowl Game has Georgia Tech made the most appearances?
a. The Chick-Fil-A/Peach Bowl
b. The Gator Bowl
c. The Orange Bowl
d. The Sugar Bowl
3. In which bowl game does Tech have the best winning percentage (minimum two appearances)?
a. Carquest Bowl
b. Liberty Bowl
c. Sugar Bowl
d. Sun Bowl
4. The number 52 was a very good one for the Yellow Jackets in the 2004 Humanitarian Bowl. What two Bowl superlatives of 52 were set in that game?
a. Points, First downs
b. Points, Fewest opposing rushing yards
c. Fewest opposing rushing yards, Pass completions
d. First downs, Pass completions
5. Which Tech player set an NCAA record with 307 rushing yards in a bowl game?
a. P.J. Daniels
b. Ronny Cone
c. Lenny Snow
d. Joseph Auer
6. True or False:
Travis Bell holds the school-bowl record for most PATs in a game, but does NOT hold the record for points by kicking.
10. Which Georgia Tech career-bowl-passing record is NOT held by Joe Hamilton?
d. Touchdown Passes