THE FLATS — The Georgia Tech women’s basketball team wraps up regular season play on the road, traveling to No. 9/12 Florida State for a 1 p.m. matchup on RSN on Sunday.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (17-11, 6-9 ACC) at No. 9/12 FLORIDA STATE (23-5, 11-4 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Florida State Game Notes
TV: RSN, Fox Sports South; WHERE TO WATCH
STARTING FIVE AGAINST FLORIDA STATE
1. Georgia Tech closes out regular season play on Thursday, visiting No. 9/12 Florida State for the lone meeting between the foes this season. Tip is slated for 1 p.m. on RSN.
2. The Jackets and Seminoles have met 45 times in program history with FSU leading the all-time series, 25-20. The Seminoles have taken the past two contests.
3. The Jackets have won the past two games against UNC and Miami, and will look to extend their winning streak to three straight. Tech has won four of the past five games.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.8 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.6 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 291-188. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD….
-Be the first win over Florida State since a win at home in 2015 and snap a two-game skid the Seminoles carry
-Be the first win over Florida State in Tallahassee since an 86-78 victory on Feb. 27, 2014
-Mark the 292nd win of Coach Joseph’s career
-Be the 667th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 667-615 overall
Georgia Tech and Florida State first met in the 1974-75 season and have met 45 times in program history. The series stands tied in Tallahassee, 11-11, despite the Seminoles having taken five of the past six meetings in Florida. FSU has won the past two meetings between the squads, including last year’s 69-63 decision in Atlanta. The Jackets last defeated FSU on Feb. 1, 2015 and last won in Florida on Feb. 27, 2014. In last year’s meeting, FSU won the rebounding battle and shot 45.3 percent (29-64) from the field to take the win in Atlanta as the 6th-ranked team in the country. The Jackets picked up 30 points off their bench, but the Seminoles scored 42 points in the paint. Tech was led in scoring by Kaylan Pugh with 23 points, followed by Zaire O’Neil with 12 points.