Feb. 26, 2016
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – The Georgia Tech softball team (0-7) fell in a closely contested 6-4 game against UC Santa Barbara (6-6) on the first day Friday of the Gaucho Classic. The Yellow Jackets take on Southern Utah tonight at approximately 6 p.m. ET.
How It Happened
In the top of the second, Kaylee Ellebracht singled and Draven Sonnon followed with a double. Maddie Lionberger walked with two outs to set the scene as two costly UCSB errors allowed Georgia Tech to score three runs.
The Gauchos strung together four hits in the bottom of the third to score two runs and pull within one, 3-2.
In the top of the sixth, Draven Sonnon added a run for Tech with her first home run of the year to left to make it 4-2.
In the home half of the inning, the Gauchos loaded the bases and scored one run to pull within one, 4-3. With the bases still loaded and two outs, a bases clearing single brought in three additional runs for the Gauchos to give them the 6-4 advantage.
Emily Anderson (0-4) was pinned with the loss, allowing six runs on 10 hits with seven strikeouts and just two walks. UCSB’s Ashley Wright (1-0) entered the game in relief and earned the win, throwing 1.1 innings.
– Samantha Pierannunzi went 2-for-4
– Draven Sonnon went 2-for-3 with two runs, an RBI, a double and her first home run of the season
– Kaylee Ellebracht was 1-for-3 with a run
– Maddie Lionberger walked and scored a run
– Kelsey Chisholm was 1-for-3, and Jenna Goodrich went 1-for-3 with a double
– Tech hit two doubles in a game for the second time this season
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, follow us on Twitter (@GaTechSoftball), Instagram (@GaTechSoftball), Facebook (Georgia Tech Softball) or by visiting www.ramblinwreck.com.