ATLANTA – The Georgia Tech men’s tennis team defeated Vanderbilt, 4-3, Saturday afternoon at Bill Moore Tennis Center.
Sophomore Roger Anderson outlasted Vanderbilt’s Bobby Reynolds, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, at No. 2 singles to earn the decisive match and clinch the victory.
Sophomore Stephen Moros, freshman Alex Navinkov and freshman Joao Menano also earned singles victories for the Yellow Jackets, after Vanderbilt swept doubles to claim the first point of the day.
Georgia Tech improved to 10-3 and faces NC State at home on Sunday.
Georgia Tech 4, Vanderbilt 3
1. Eddie Coates (VU) d. Romain Coirault 6-4,6-4
2. Roger Anderson (GT) d. Bobby Reynolds (VU) 6-2,3-6,6-4
3. Chad Harris (VU) d. David Wright (GT) 6-3,1-6,7-5
4. Stephen Moros (GT) d. Jens Frederiksen (VU) 7-5,6-2
5. Alex Navinkov (GT) d. Josh Tarkoff (VU) 4-6,6-3,6-4
6. Joao Menano (GT) d. Zach Dailey (VU) 6-1,6-3
1. Coates/Reynolds (VU) d. Wright/Anderson (GT) 8-5
2. Brad Hambrick/Lewis Smith (VU) d. Coirault/Menano (GT) 8-5
3. Tarkoff/Harris (VU) d. Sergio Aguirre/Jason Jeong (GT) 8-5