April 8, 2016
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The No. 17 Georgia Tech women’s tennis squad defeated Louisville by a score of 6-1 on Friday afternoon, improving its record to 14-6 overall and 9-2 in ACC play.
“We played very well today,” head coach Rodney Harmon said. “I was impressed with how Natasha (Prokhnevska) stepped in at No. 6 and played so well. Johnnise (Renaud) also hit the ball well today in singles. We are on our way to South Bend to prepare for a tough match on Sunday against Notre Dame.”
The Jackets were able to take two of the three doubles matches, as well as five of the six singles matches. No. 32 Johnnise Renaud and No. 37 Paige Hourigan both came out on top in straight sets on Friday night.
Georgia Tech will be back in action on Sunday when it faces Notre Dame at 11 a.m. in South Bend, Ind.
#17 Georgia Tech 6, Louisville 1 Apr 08, 2016 at Bass-Rudd Tennis Center
1. #37 Paige Hourigan (GT) def. Ariana Rodriguez (LOU) 6-3, 6-3
2. #32 Johnnise Renaud (GT) def. Sena Suswam (LOU) 6-2, 6-0
3. Rasheeda McAdoo (GT) def. Abbie Pahz (LOU) 6-1, 6-3
4. Elle Stokes (LOU) def. Alexa Anton-Ohlmeyer (GT) 7-6 (9-7), 6-2
5. Alexis Prokopuik (GT) def. Ola Mally (LOU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Natasha Prokhnevska (GT) def. Olivia Boesing (LOU) 6-3, 6-3
1. #13 Paige Hourigan/Kendal Woodard (GT) def. Sena Suswam/Ariana Rodriguez (LOU) 6-1
2. Johnnise Renaud/Rasheeda McAdoo (GT) def. Jessie Lynn Paul/Elle Stokes (LOU) 6-4
3. Abbie Pahz/Olivia Boesing (LOU) def. Megan Kurey/Alexa Anton-Ohlmeyer (GT) 6-2
Georgia Tech 14-6, 9-2 ACC; National ranking #17
Louisville 7-13, 0-10 ACC
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (2,5,6,3,1,4)