NORCROSS, GA. (Apr. 21) — The Georgia Tech men’s tennis team, seeded sixth, was knocked out of the Atlantic Coast Conference on Friday morning by three seed Clemson 5-0. The match was played under windy conditions at the Raquet Club of the South in Norcross, GA. The Jackets finished the season with a record of 10-13 (4-5 ACC).
The match was clinched at the No. 5 singles spot when Clemson’s Marko Gojanovic defeated Robert Wright of Tech 3-6, 6-1, 6-2. The other three singles matches were all won in two sets.
Tech’s pair of Sergio Aguirre and Robert Wright took the only victory of the day, winning at No. 3 doubles 9-7.
6 seed- Georgia Tech 0, 3 seed-Clemson 5
1. Josh Goffi (CU) v. Roger Anderson (GT) dnf
2. Tomasz Boniecki (CU). d. Sergio Aguirre (GT) 6-1, 6-4
3. Luis Garcia (CU) d. David Wright (GT) 7-6 (7), 6-2
4. Micah Thompson (CU) v. Romain Coirault (GT) sus.
5. Marko Gojanovic (CU) d. Robert Wright (GT) 3-6, 6-1, 6-2
6. Eric Cohn (CU) d. Fabio Campos (GT) 6-2, 7-6 (4)
1. Goffi/Knight (CU) d. Tim Bibby/Coirault (GT) 8-2
2. Gojanovic/Boniecki (CU) d. D. Wright/Anderson (GT) 9-8 (3)
3. Aguirre/R. Wright (GT) d. Cohn/Barth (CU) 9-7