– Tashard Choice recorded his third 100-yard game in a row. He has rushed for 100-yards in five of Tech’s last six games. Choice carried the ball 32 times today, after 34 carries last week.
– The last time Tech shut-out an opponent was on November 9, 2000, when they defeated Virginia 35-0 at home.
– This is the least points scored in a Tech victory since the Jackets defeated Maryland 7-3 on October 23, 2003.
– The Tech defense has not allowed a touchdown in the last two games, and has allowed just one in the last three games.
– Tech held its opponent under 100 yards rushing for the 32nd time in 60 games under defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta – the Jackets are 25-7 in those games.
– With eight wins, Tech has won its most games in a season since finishing 8-5 in 2001.
– The last time Tech started the season 8-2 was in 2000.
– The last time Tech has shut-out an opponent on the road was on November 2, 1985 against Duke.
– This was the least amount of points Tech has scored in a shut-out win since defeating Georgia 6-0 on November 29, 1969.
– With this win, Tech has clinched the Coastal Division title and a berth into the ACC Championship game.