Georgia Tech Football (1-0, 0-0 ACC) at USF (1-0, 0-0 AAC)
Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018 • Noon • Tampa, Fla. • Raymond James Stadium (65,857)
TV: ABC or ESPN2 (In Atlanta: WSB – Ch. 2) | Watch Online
— Georgia Tech Football (@GeorgiaTechFB) September 3, 2018
• Georgia Tech hits the road for the first time this season when it travels to Tampa, Fla. to take on USF.
• The game will be televised regionally on ABC. In areas where the broadcast is not carried on ABC, it will be shown on ESPN2.
• The Yellow Jackets opened the season with a convincing 41-0 win over Alcorn State last Saturday at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
• In the debut of defensive coordinator Nate Woody’s 3-4 scheme, Tech’s defense recorded its first shutout in 57 games, dating back to a 56-0 victory over Syracuse on Oct. 19, 2013.
• The Jackets limited Alcorn State to just 146 yards of total offense, which is the fewest allowed by a GT defense since it surrendered 132 yards in a 27-0 win over Duke on Oct. 4, 2008 (head coach Paul Johnson’s fifth game at Tech).
• Not to be outdone, Georgia Tech’s offense racked up 543 total yards against Alcorn, including 439 on the ground, which marked the fifth time in the last 12 games that the Yellow Jackets have rushed for 400-plus yards. Prior to the beginning of last season, Tech had rushed for 400 yards in a game just 25 times in program history.
• Georgia Tech and USF are meeting for the first time. GT fielded its first football team in 1892 and is competing in its 126th football season. USF played its first football game in 1997 and is in its 22nd season overall and 19th at the NCAA Division I FBS level.
• While the Yellow Jackets have never faced USF, it has played at the Bulls’ home stadium before. Raymond James Stadium was the site of the 2009 ACC Championship Game, which Georgia Tech won over Clemson, 39-34 (the Yellow Jackets later vacated the victory due to NCAA sanctions).