THE FLATS — Georgia Tech women’s basketball hits the road for a matchup on Thursday at Syracuse. The conference foes will tip at 7 p.m. in the Carrier Dome on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (12-3, 1-1 ACC) at Syracuse (12-3, 0-2 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Syracuse Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
STARTING FIVE AGAINST SYRACUSE
1. Georgia Tech hits the road for its first ACC tilt away from Atlanta, visiting Syracuse on Thursday at 7 p.m. The game will be available on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Orange have met five times in program history since the series began in 2012. Tech claimed its first win over Syracuse last season in Atlanta, upsetting then-No. 24 Syracuse in McCamish Pavilion, 75-66.
3. The Jackets rebounded from a loss to Louisville to pick up their first conference win of the season on Sunday against Clemson. Tech handled the Tigers, 66-33, behind a balanced offense that saw three Jackets reach double-figure scoring numbers.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.1 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.1 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 286-180. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD….
-Be the second win over Syracuse in program history and first in Syracuse
-Give the Jackets their second win in league play and push their win streak over the Orange to two straight
-Mark the 287th win of Coach Joseph’s career
-Be the 662nd all-time program win in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 662-604 overall
Georgia Tech and Syracuse first met in 2012 in the San Juan Shootout in Puerto Rico, dropping a 75-72 decision in overtime to the Orange. Syracuse took the first four meetings against Tech, including the only two meetings in Syracuse, before the Jackets picked up their first win over the Orange last season in Atlanta. Syracuse, then-ranked No. 24, dropped a 75-66 decision to the Jackets as Kaylan Pugh posted a career-night with 28 points. The Jackets secured the win out-rebounding the Orange, 58-46, behind Pugh’s double-double with 13 boards. Syracuse shot just 27.7 percent (23-83) from the floor to Tech’s 37.1 percent (23-62).