THE FLATS — After wrapping up non-conference play with an 11-2 record, Georgia Tech women’s basketball opens the ACC slate on Thursday welcoming No. 3/4 Louisville.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (11-2) vs. No. 3/4 Louisville (14-0)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Louisville Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
Promotions: Camper Day — All Georgia Tech women’s basketball campers can wear their camp t-shirt to the game to receive free admission.
STARTING FIVE AGAINST LOUISVILLE
1. Georgia Tech opens ACC play on Thursday welcoming No. 3/4 Louisville to McCamish Pavilion. The Jackets and Cardinals open league play facing each other for the second time in program history (first in 2014-15 season). The game will be available on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Cardinals have met four times in program history with Louisville leading the all-time series, 4-0. Tonight’s matchup marks the sixth-straight season Tech has opened ACC play facing a nationally-ranked league foe. The last time Tech opened conference play not facing a ranked opponent dates back to 2011-12 against NC State.
3. The Jackets are a perfect 8-0 this season when competing at home and look to extend that mark to 9-0 Thursday. When competing at home, three Jackets average double-figure scoring numbers led by Francesca Pan (13.5 ppg), Chanin Scott (10.8 ppg) and Zaire O’Neil (10.6 ppg). Tech is outscoring its opponents at home by a 24.8 point advantage.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.2 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.2 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 285-179. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD….
– Be the first-ever program win over Louisville and move the series record to 1-4 in favor of the Cardinals
-Push the Jackets to 9-0 at home this season and mark the sixth time the Jackets have gone 9-0 at home since Joseph took over the program in 2003-04
-Mark the 286th win of Coach Joseph’s career
-Be the 661st all-time program win in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 661-604 overall
Georgia Tech and Louisville first met in 2015 in Kentucky and the Cardinals have taken all four meetings since then. The Jackets and Cardinals met twice in 2016 and have only met once in Atlanta. Louisville’s largest margin of victory took place last year in Kentucky with the Cardinals winning 91-51. Louisville has outscored the Jackets in program history by an average margin of 22.5 points.