Nov. 7, 2017
Georgia Tech Football (4-4, 3-3 ACC) vs. No. 17 Virginia Tech (7-2, 3-2 ACC)
Saturday, November 11, 2017 • 12:20 p.m. • Atlanta, Ga. • Bobby Dodd Stadium (55,000)
• Georgia Tech (4-4, 3-3 ACC) will look to kickstart a late-season surge for the second-straight year with a win over nationally ranked Virginia Tech (7-2, 3-2 ACC) on Saturday at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
• Last season, Georgia Tech was 5-4 and coming off its most disheartening loss of the season (a 48-20 defeat at North Carolina) when it went into Blacksburg, Va. and dominated from the outset in a 30-20 win over No. 18 Virginia Tech. The victory spearheaded a four-game winning streak to close the season, which included a 28-27 triumph at Georgia and a 33-18 win over Kentucky in the 2016 TaxSlayer Bowl.
• Standing at 4-4 and likely needing two wins in its final three regular-season games to become bowl eligible for the 20th time in the last 21 seasons, the Yellow Jackets once again face a ranked Hokies squad, which goes into Saturday’s game at No. 17 in the Associated Press Top 25 poll.
• While an ACC Coastal Division title and berth in the ACC Championship Game is no longer a possibility, Georgia Tech is still in strong position for a second-place finish in the Coastal Division, as it enters Saturday’s game just a half-game behind Virginia Tech and Virginia (6-3, 3-2 ACC) in the Coastal standings. The Yellow Jackets have finished in first or second place in the Coastal Division six times in head coach Paul Johnson’s nine seasons at the helm.
• Georgia Tech rides a seven-game winning streak at Bobby Dodd Stadium into Saturday’s game, which is the Jackets’ longest home winning streak since it also won seven in a row on The Flats from Nov. 1, 2008-Nov. 9, 2009. A win on Saturday would give Tech its most consecutive wins at home since it won eight-straight at Bobby Dodd from Nov. 21, 1998-Sept. 2, 2000.
• In conjunction with Veterans Day, Saturday will be Georgia Tech’s Military Appreciation Day, featuring pregame skydivers, a commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the ROTC, a salute to the Wounded Warrior Project and special recognitions throughout the game of Georgia Tech alumni that have served our country in the military. Georgia Tech is also offering discounted tickets, starting as low as $15, to all United States active and reserve military personnel and veterans. For more information on Military Appreciation Day festivities, click HERE.